- How long have you been working with MDS ap?
I am completing my 25 years this year. In fact, this is the age of our company as well! I started working here since day 1 of MDS ap. You have brought to me with your questions the good memories when we started with a small family of 5 members in one office in Abu Dhabi, and now we have 8 offices in 6 countries!
- What do you like most about your Job?
I admire the challenging jobs. We start each year with very difficult objectives to match the fast-changing nature of the IT industry. I love working as a team to meet these challenges head on, taking care of our customers while growing our business.
- What have you learned from working at MDS ap?
The company started as a small team but as we are part of the larger MIDIS group as our holding company, we have been able to accomplish many things in a very short period of time. I myself have taken many roles growing from being technical support to being a consultant to managerial roles. Along the way I have learned much about managing teams, business unites, looking after customers and turning profit. Following the company’s expansion into Turkey and Central Europe, I had the opportunity to relocate and manage multiple cross-cultural teams in complex environments. This is a huge learning experience for me and rare opportunity to have had with a different company.
- What is your proudest moment at MDS ap?
There have been many moments when I feel proud of myself and of the team I work with. I was selected the company’s best achiever many times. I was representing the company to receive industry awards many times. It is a great feeling knowing your efforts and the efforts of your team have been recognized not just by your own company but by the customers, vendor and the broader industry. It is truly thrilling and gratifying at the same time.
- What is on your wish list for the next 10 years with MDS ap?
The company has sailed through many difficulties in the past; gone through major transformations to get to where we are now. I like to see our company become our region’s leading software provider with multiple owned IP and software brands. I would also like to see the company become a major service provider for the public sector and telco companies while strengthen our stronghold in FSI which we have built up the last two decades.
- What are your three most frequently used words/phrases?
- Ring the Bell. This terminology is being used within our group to announce a big achievement by the sales/pre-sales teams! In fact, I am hearing the bell very often and used heavily by the team! I like it.
- End of Quarter. This is common nowadays in every company. We have to pressurize ourselves when we are approaching end of quarter! So this statement is used by everyone starting from the 3rd month of each quarter.
- P&L. Improve your margin and watch the expenses. I think this is common for every company, and I am sure that all the readers agree with me and they are hearing/using it in their respective companies.
- Last question, who do you think is going to win the World Cup 2018?
Here are my wish, my expectation and the reality. The first is always on Brazil since it is my favourite team since 35 years! The second is also Brazil among couple of others such as France and Spain. However, the reality will take to see and unexpected final between Belgium and Croatia, in this case, any winner will be good option for me.